Alpine Race Team
Racing is a great way to try something new and challenging with your skiing. The Alpine Race Team is open to skiers with disabilities who are intermediate or better skiers and who are independent in all aspects of skiing.
The Maine Adaptive Race Team is made up of between 10-15 racers from around New England and a core group of dedicated volunteer coaches. The team trains at Sunday River on Sundays, with a focus on improving technical and tactical skills both in and out of a race course. Other skills developed on the Team include fitness for the off-season, sports nutrition, and fundraising.
The Race Team competes in the Diana Golden Race Series against racers from adaptive programs throughout New England. The Race Team has won the Diana Golden Cup for the past six years. Programs and mountains that may host races include:
- Maine Adaptive Sports & Recreation – Sunday River Ski Resort
- New England Disabled Sports – Loon Mountain
- Ability Plus – Attitash, Gunstock
- Vermont Adaptive Ski & Sports – Sugarbush
- Bretton Woods Adaptive Program – Bretton Woods
- New England Handicapped Sports Association – Sunapee
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in learning more about our Race Team.