New England Blind & VI Ski Festival
NEVI*Fest starts on Sunday night with a welcome party. After a good night’s sleep gather at the base lodge for 3 days of skiing with experienced volunteer instructors and guides. There will be a chance to try out your skills on the Race Course, try cross country skiing as well as join in other activities during the evenings.
We also offer a course for people interested in becoming Guides on the slopes. Call or email us for more details.
Our goal is to make you feel more confident on the mountain and gain friendships off the mountain.
Highlights of the Festival include:
- Alpine ski instruction by trained volunteer instructors
- Option to try cross-country skiing
- Evening activities-bring your instrument if you play!
- Welcome pizza party & celebratory banquet at the conclusion of the Festival
- Guest speakers
- The chance to test your skills in an Alpine Race course
- Opportunities to make connections with other Blind & VI skiers and guides
Maine Adaptive supplies the lessons and equipment at no cost. The welcome pizza party, celebratory banquet and evening activities are all included in the Festival.
We have lodging packages available for anyone who needs lodging. Transportation from Portland is available.
For more information, or to sign up, call us at (207) 824-2440 or email us at email@example.com
Individuals from program attendee group, Perkins School for the Blind, share their experiences and the real-life impact of Nevi*Fest 2015 in the video below.