Mission & Core Values
Maine Adaptive Sports & Recreation promotes year-round education and training for individuals with disabilities in order to develop skills, enhance independence and provide enjoyment through active recreation.
Our Core Values:
- We are committed to providing individuals with disabilities the opportunity to overcome perceived limitations and boundaries.
- We believe that participation in outdoor recreation will foster a sense of pride, confidence and self esteem that will carry over into our athletes’ everyday lives.
- We support and encourage reasonable risk taking that will empower our athletes to challenge themselves and exceed expectations.
- Our staff and volunteers are committed to providing professional instruction in a comfortable and supportive atmosphere to create a caring community and a fun experience for all participants (athletes, volunteers and staff).
- Every Maine Adaptive program will offer recreational education of the highest quality, free of charge to our athletes.