New England Blind & VI Ski Festival
Each February, Maine Adaptive hosts the New England Blind & VI Ski Festival (NEVI Fest) at Sugarloaf in Carrabassett Valley. This 4-day camp is designed to teach people with visual impairments to ski, or ski better and to teach anyone interested in becoming a guide on the slopes the skills to do so.
February 7-11, 2016
Highlights of the Festival include:
- Alpine ski instruction by trained volunteer instructors
- Introduction to cross-country skiing if you do not choose the Nordic overnight
- Evening activities
- Welcome Pizza Party & celebratory Banquet at the end of the Festival
- Guest speakers
- The chance to test your skills in an Alpine Race course
- Opportunities to make connections with other Blind & VI skiers and guides
Maine Adaptive supplies the lessons and equipment at no cost. The Welcome Pizza Party, Banquet and evening activities are all included in the Festival.
We have lodging packages available for anyone who needs lodging and transportation from Portland and Boston is available.
For more information, or to sign up call us at 207-824-2440 or email us at email@example.com
Individuals from program attendee group, Perkins School for the Blind, share their experiences and the real-life impact of Nevi-Fest 2015 in the video below.
Join the NEVI Facebook community